- 01/21/13 Long Point Capital Announces New Partnership with Management and Employees of Multi-Unit Restaurant Franchisee The Saxton Group
- 04/17/12 Long Point Capital Invests In Outstanding Companies: Three of our portfolio companies were recently recognized. Congratulations to Artistic Stairs, Arrow Tru-Line and EYP!
- 01/26/12 Long Point Capital Hits the Mark with Savage Sports Exit
- 12/14/11 EYP Selected As A Nationwide “Best AEC Firm To Work For” by Building Design + Construction Magazine
- 11/14/11 LPC Design and Construction Platform Acquires Complementary Engineering Business
- 9/26/11 Long Point Capital Announces New Partnership with Management and Employees of Mestel & Company and Hire Counsel
- 8/10/11 Long Point Capital Announces New Equity Partnership with EYP
- 6/15/11 Long Point Capital Welcomes Newest Team Member
- 7/29/10 Recent Changes in New York and Royal Oak!
- 2/18/09 Long Point Capital Announces Its Investment in CHA, Inc.
- 1/20/09 Long Point Capital Portfolio Welcomes Newest Team Member
- 9/9/08 Artistic Holdings Opens Charlotte Office and Seeks Add-on Acquisitions
- 8/11/08 Long Point Capital Portfolio Company Announces 2nd Add-On Acquisition in 2008
- 7/9/08 Long Point Capital Announces Successful Exit of Atlantic Plywood Corporation
- 6/5/08 Arrow Tru-Line Seeks Add-on Acquisitions
- 5/1/08 Artistic Holdings, Inc. Seeks Add-on Acquisitions
- 3/20/08 Long Point Capital Portfolio Welcomes Newest Team Member
- 2/06/08 Long Point Capital Portfolio Company Announces Add-On Acquisition
- 12/03/07 Long Point Capital Portfolio Company Seeks Add-on Acquisitions
- 11/26/07 Long Point Capital announces the Recapitalization of Torrent Resources, Inc.
- 10/17/07 Long Point Capital announces another add-on acquisition for Savage Sports Corporation
- 7/26/07 Long Point Capital's New York Office Has Moved To a New Location
- 6/11/07 Savage Sports Corp. Acquires Porta Target
- 5/10/07 Long Point Capital Successfully Exits Investment
- 2/20/07 Ron Coburn Named Man of the Year by SHOT Business
- 12/11/06 LPC invests in Cumming, LLC
- 8/1/06 Steve Fowler receives Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award
- 7/20/06 Arrow Tru-Line Makes Aquisition
- 5/2/06 LPC Announces the Sale of National Print Group
- 3/23/06 Scott J. Hauncher promoted to Managing Director
- 2/23/06 LPC Announces its Investment in Fowler Contracting
- 2/10/06 LPC Announces its Investment in Artistic Holdings, Inc.
- 9/19/05 Eric Von Stroh Joins LPC
- 6/6/05 LPC Announces Recapitalization of Arrow Tru-Line
- 1/18/05 LPC Announces Sale of C.H.I. Overhead Doors
- 1/6/05 LPC Announces Sale of Arch Aluminum & Glass
Long Point Capital is pleased to announce that it has partnered with the management team to structure and help finance the sale of The Saxton Group Holdings ("The Saxton Group") to an Employee Stock Ownership Plan ("ESOP"). Headquartered in Dallas,TX, The Saxton Group is the largest McAlister's Deli franchisee in the country and was the first Pinkberry franchisee outside of California or New York. Founded by Kelly Saxton in 1982, The Saxton Group is now one of the largest 100% employee-owned companies in the restaurant industry.
As the largest McAlister's Deli franchisee in the country, The Saxton Group operates 50 fast-casual restaurants located throughout Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas and Missouri. In addition, The Saxton Group operates four Pinkberry frozen yogurt stores in the Dallas Metroplex. Today, the Company employs more than 2,000 people and was named as one of Restaurant Franchise Monitor's Top 100 Restaurant Franchisees.
"I never imagined when I opened my first restaurant nearly 30 years ago that we would grow to who we are today," said company founder and Chairman Kelly Saxton. "I've always believed that the difference between our restaurants and others is our people. We have always been committed to the growth and development of our employees. The ESOP allows us to acknowledge their contribution to our success and to invest more deeply in them."
Eric Von Stroh, Managing Director of Long Point Capital, said, "We are excited about this new partnership and believe ownership by the employees will be a meaningful competitive advantage in helping the management team build on their impressive achievements in the restaurant industry."
When asked about the Long Point Capital investment Kelly Saxton added, "LPC believes in finding and investing in great management teams. We're aligned in this partnership with the shared goal of allowing our existing leadership team to continue to provide exceptional restaurant industry experiences to our guests, employees and investors."
Long Point Capital assembled an investment partnership led by CapitalSpring, a private investment firm specializing in the restaurant and franchise industries.